Tuesday, April 14, 2015

This is a preview of a short story that I am writing.



Dear dad,

                You have been jail for a long time almost half of my life. I don’t know if you even care about me or even want to hear from me. But I am now twenty-five years old if you didn’t know and I am married to my wife named Jane and yes I said wife. I met her 4 years ago when I was twenty-one and we’ve been very happy since. She’s the girl of my dreams. I know that you might not be happy with my decision that I made. You were never there for me that’s another reason why I’m writing you this letter. I have no mom or dad, mom left when I was nineteen. She started doing drugs seven years after you left. Luckily I was already twelve and I knew right from wrong and I knew what I was doing. Not saying I knew everything about life but I knew better. To be honest I don’t know how I got here I was always alone since I was twelve. Mom disappeared one afternoon when I came home from work. I didn’t know where she was I went looking for her and asking neighbors. People seen her walking but never seen her come back. I moved from that filthy house we were living in I had already graduated high school and was working. I figured I could get a little apartment for me. We were living off mom’s pimp back then and once she left he tried to do things to me so I left for weeks. When I came back no one was there so I took advantage and lived there so I can save money. I finally got approved for an apartment in Queens I went and bought furniture and everything I needed. I was finally on my feet and happy that I did it on my own. By the time I moved into my apartment I was twenty and started college. I was going to college for law and man I’ll tell you now it is not easy at all. I got a new job working for the police until I finish my years of college. Everything was going really well for me. I met my wife in college she was going to college to be a forensic blood spatter analyst. A year later she moved in with me and we were very happy. Her family met me and accepted me for who I was always there for me since I never had a family. On our anniversary we took a trip to Mexico and she ask me to marry her.

1 comment: